Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Le Marche + Roma

After Tuscany, I headed west to the Adriatic Coast to visit the relatives of my paternal great grandmother. They are a wily bunch and it was an action-packed visit! We went to the beach on bikes, drove to eat dinner by a mountain, visited lots of medieval towns (by day and by night), ate lots of local food, and of course went swimming. The families were really excited to see me again after four years and treated me like a princess. I really loved speaking in Italian the whole time, since this was the first time in my trip to be surrounded by Italians.

After Le Marche I had to go back to Tuscany so I could then go north to Milan, where my flight was departing. I was going to pass through Rome while my cousin was there for work so we met up in the city and saw some sights. After getting carried away and not allowing enough time at the train station I missed my train...and wouldn't be able to make the bus connection in Grosseto if I caught the next one. So I added a surprise night in Rome to my trip! We saw Rome by night and walked along the Transtevere area til late at night. The next day I headed to Grosseto by train and then Montegiovi by bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment